Photo Competition Entry Information
i. Open Category
- Theme: “Connect”
- Entry format: Single photo or photo story (two to five images)
- Any equipment can be used
- No age restrictions
ii. Next Generation Category
- Theme: “Passion”
- Entry format: single photo or photo story (two to five images)
- Any equipment can be used
- Entrants must be 25 years of age or younger as of December 31st, 2020
Please note that entry deadlines differ depending on the category.
Photo Competition Open Category
Thursday, October 22nd, 2020 (from 4:00am (UTC)) to Monday, January 25th, 2021 (until 4:00am (UTC))
Photo Competition Next Generation Category
Thursday, October 22nd, 2020 (from 4:00am (UTC)) to Monday, February 1st, 2021 (until 4:00am (UTC))
- Entry is limited to original works that have not formerly been displayed or exhibited as any visual medium (including advertising, stock photos, and on social networking service accounts, etc.) and for which the entrant holds all applicable rights.
- Works that have won prizes in other contests or that have been submitted to other contests currently underway, including similar works, are not eligible. Even works that are entered in other competitions after submission to this contest will be regarded as having been submitted to other contests currently underway.
- The limit for submitted works is 10 photos, including those forming photo stories. Multiple entries can be submitted if the total number of entries is within this limit.
- Works that are identical or similar to another submitted work ("identical or similar works"*1) as well as works including identical or similar works submitted as separate works are ineligible for submission.
*1."Identical or similar works" refers to the following works:
- ① a work produced from identical image data,
- ② a work produced by cropping or retouching identical image data to alter it, or
- ③ a work produced from similar, though not identical, image data as described in (1) or (2) above (e.g. a frame from the same series of shots, photography conducted at a different date or time yet producing the same result, or a work otherwise deemed to be similar).
- Entries and the persons depicted therein are restricted to works for which the entrant holds the copyright or for which the entrant has received the prior usage permission of the right holder.
- Before submitting a work, the entrant is responsible for taking all steps necessary to protect the right of publicity and other rights of persons depicted in the work, including but not limited to obtaining their permission, to avoid any problems related to the infringement of these rights.
- Entrants are responsible for the resolution of any legal issues arising from their submitted works and agree to pay any costs thereby incurred.
- Entries including content from (1) to (5) below may be disqualified at the organizer’s discretion:
- ① Content that infringes on any laws, or is defamatory or libelous
- ② Content that constitutes or encourages criminal behavior, leads to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any laws
- ③ Commercial content that promotes any products or services
- ④ Content in which animals were harmed or manipulated in the making of said content
- ⑤ Content which infringes on the copyrights, trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any third person or entity (whether individuals or companies), or violates any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, including:
- trademarks owned by third parties (examples: billboards or signs on a street)
- materials protected by third-party copyrights
- names, likenesses, or other characteristics identifying celebrities or other public figures
- entries containing screen credits
- Image data files created with any device capable of taking still images, including smartphones and digital still cameras (including medium and large-format digital cameras).
- Images that have been retouched by using camera apps, photo editing apps, other software, etc. will be accepted.
- Both color and monochrome images will be accepted.
- File size: up to 20 MB of image data per work
- Image data file format: JPEG/150 dpi recommended
- The standard color space for the judging process is sRGB.
- Entrants must hold all applicable rights to the final image, including any retouching or other image processing.
Winners might be asked to provide higher resolution images for publication or display purposes related to the contest.